Where my people at?

All General Discussion for the public can be placed here
Merrith

Re: Where my people at?

Postby Merrith » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:08 pm

We didn't know shit back then, no one was posting guide videos to every damn fight while the kids nowadays think their hard mode fights are "so hard" even with videos to guide them.

Some guy on Rererolled claiming Patchwerk was the biggest gear check fight to date back in Naxx 40, and that you had to clear as much of the other wings as possible to have your warriors in at least 4/8 t3 to do that fight. Sounds like bs, because I remember that fight merely being about our healers needing to learn how to heal a big damage fight, and I definitely don't recall us clearing as much of the other wings as possible before doing Patch. Maybe spider wing, and Noth/Instructor Razuvious or whatever he was called.

Although I remember guys like this who claimed you had to have all 8 tanks for 4 Horseman with certain amount of their t3 set for the set bonuses...when nights we were short tanks we'd have Warrian/Fu/Oro slap on their t2 and tank it with no issues, and even Carso as a pally tank that one time when Ashbringer dropped.

Anyways hope all you fuckers are well, can't believe people are still going back to WoW to play. Haven't touched it since that brief little foray to see what Cata was like, and from the looks of it it hasn't gotten better. Course we got sucked into SWTOR after that, until that went to shit, and although I've checked out each new expansion for that game, they just cant' get it to a point where it's worth playing for long. Dima and I mess around on FF14 now, but I don't have much time to play games anymore. Clenn hope you're still doing well, Warrian I miss your random texts. Oro you fucker if Cousins can ever play like he's capable GMSM will get the Skins back to respectability.

Clennisell

Postby Clennisell » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:27 am

Stop into TS sometime and say hi - we have something like 20+ vanilla players in the guild and we raid T and TH 9-12 (retirement hours).

Moghedien

Postby Moghedien » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:52 am

Well I tried? It's not anywhere close to what it was back in the day. I wanted to post this last week but we had a hurricane tear through here...

Having all the information on all the boss abilities, having people with beta and alpha access posting step by step videos, and having boss mods all ready and set to go before the raids are even released to the public are probably a big part of why it doesn't feel the same to me. Most of my enjoyment came from figuring this shit out together. Hell even pouring over logs figuring out timing of abilities and writing crappy LUA UI mods until the more polished ones came along was great.

Then there's this whole retarded gear score mechanic.... I just love carrying around an 850 piece of gear so I can inflate my score even thought this 830 piece is actually better for me to wear. Add to that the current state of the talent 'trees'... I mean back in the day there was some individuality. Sure there were cookie cutter builds and maybe 90% of the people used them, but some of us min/maxers like to run the numbers and tweak our builds. Just a little here or there could make a difference based on your gear choices. Hell, I remember when I first came to the raid with a hemo build and Hira and Havoc didn't think it'd work but I still kept my numbers up in the top 5 and was adding a tiny bit to everyone else's hits.

Also nagging the back of my mind is this whole artifacts for everyone! It's ridiculous and absurd. Obtaining Sulfuras and Thunderfury were GUILD accomplishments taking a lot of hard work from everyone. Now it's 'oh look I opened a box' ... I worked harder and had more of a sense of accomplishment when I learned how to cook Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops.

Ah well, I'll try and stop in and keep up with the goings on.... Good luck

Warrian

Postby Warrian » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:31 am

So uhh this site seems to be somewhat active now. What the hell did I miss? Are people actually still playing Wow? I feel like I woke up in another dimension or some shit.

Duril

Postby Duril » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:51 am

We've actaully got a 20 man team of old school guys back.

jagels

Postby jagels » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:02 am

First post of 2018. FoW reform on official vanilla servers inc!

Clennisell

Postby Clennisell » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Jagels! We still playing on BH and using Discord now - a lot of the OG crew is there. Hope you are well brother!

Return to “General Discussion”