Xms

XMS prot warr Application

Postby Xms » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:03 am

Name: Xms Class: Prot Warrior Realm: Anetheron
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... Xms/simple

Is this your main character?
Yes
Would you re-spec for the raid?
I prefer the role of tank, but I recognize I start at the bottom of the pecking order. I want to make things work above all else.
What do you think the strengths and weaknesses of your class are?
Strengths at the moment feel gimmicky. Prot warriors offer minor assistance to heals with rally cry, demo shout can be "loaned", flexible mobility allows for better control in mob situations that are prevalent in nighthold boss fights, not to mention you can taunt while casting nelths fury. Our damage is pretty solid but highly automated and lacks character. No quick decision making like there was when we had focused rage, no conditional spell like execute that helps seal kills, just shield slam procs and revenge on rage modifier. You focus on not standing in fire when you use your artifact spell and taunting loose adds and keeping dots up. Mythic+ dungeons is where prot warriors excel.

What do you feel should/could be changed to improve your class/spec?
Grit. Focused rage combination was important for warriors because it enabled the possibility to retaliate and gain clutch self preservation in a self sufficient and engaging way. Fighting for survival should be a part of tanking, as should fighting for dominance. I should be rewarded offensively for sitting above a certain % for an extended period of time. Right now I feel like I play as a hunter pet, being a good little boy and keeping bad guys away, while I ponder which of my three spells i should press between unconsciously alternating key presses on shield block and ignore pain for my 10% dmg buff. Devestate is now auto attack, we lost focused rage, and revenge now costs rage, hardly can stand still long enough to use nelths fury.

All members are expected to pay for their own repairs and make/buy their own consumables. Is this something you can manage while learning a new instance?
Of course
Are you the original account owner?
Yeah
Does anyone else have access to your character(s) ?
no

IRL

What is your age in real life? (15 or younger) (16 to 18) (19 to 21) (22 to 35) (Over 35)
(22 to 35)
What interests do you have / activities do you like to do outside of WoW?
Computer hardware, soccer, read, watch basketball
What time zone are you in? (server time is EST)
EST
Are you offended by mature language or off-color jokes?
No
Are you a team player, willing to do what needs to be done?
Yes

Schedule

Are you punctual?
I am
What is your average hours played per week?
5 probably, but Its really based off of how much content I can do.
What are your general play times? Is there anything that would affect your availability?
I play in the evening-early AM, but I will play any time to play with a core. The game isn't nearly as fun with new strangers taking easy content overly serious, and
Do you have any upcoming schedule conflicts: Work/Class schedule, Baby due in 3 months, serving in military, etc.?
Potential surgeory in the next year. I would be out for 4-6 weeks.
Is there any obligation that would cause you to need to leave early and/or be consistently late for raids?
Potentially school

Connection/Hardware

What sort of internet connection do you have, and how stable is it?
[b]Fiber optic

Do you have problems with lag, low ping, or random disconnects?
Nothing out of the ordinary.
Do you have any computer issues that affect your ability to play?
Currently my PSU is RMAed, new one is on the way.
Give us a detailed description of your computer's specifications - CPU/RAM/GraphicsCard/Monitor, etc.
AMD A10 5800K (replacing when ryzen hits the market) msi r9 380x, 2133 mhz 8gb ram, cat5 router connection with surge protection, monitor 1080p 60 hz oem rebrand I'm replacing when a solid deal for a 144 hz gsync 2-4k comes my way.
Do you have Ventrilo installed? Do you own a mic? Can you talk without horrible feedback? And will you talk if communication is necessary?
Not installed, but I can if you guys are still using Ventrillo. I own a headset mic for optimal mouth breathing or I can use the cardioid desktop microphone so you can hear every foot step taken in my house right up until I blow out your ear drums when I accidentally drop my phone on my desk.
Last edited by Xms on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Riki

Re: XMS prot warr Application

Postby Riki » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey there,

Sorry it took me a while to respond, I was ill and then out of town on vacation. I'm Riki, one of the main tanks and a fellow prot warrior.

I had a couple questions about your application and current gear choices.

First of all, I agree with the talent choices that you have as its what I'm using as well. However, I'm curious about the gear choices, primarily secondary stats. I'm curious as to why you itemized mastery and then crit for your secondary stats.

Secondly, where do you feel warrior tanks rank and why?

Third of all, do you mean use revenge when its free or when it is next in line after an ignore pain?

I'm interested in hearing your responses and if you'd like to talk to me add riki#1166 to battle tag.

Return to “Recruitment”